- Completion of at least 30 hours of coursework, including EN 101, EN 102, CM 130, Math (see specific program requirements), ED 101, and ED 200 (must have a C or better in each of these courses)
- Application for admission
- 2.75 GPA
- Three reference forms: one from an Emmanuel University faculty member, one from an Emmanuel University School of Education faculty member, and a character reference
- Pass the Georgia Educator Ethics Assessment
- Submit your Entrance Portfolio to the Director of Field Experiences
- The Director of Field Experiences will schedule a date for your interview
- Obtain a pre-service certificate from the Georgia Professional Standards Commission
- Fill out the application for admission to the SOE.
- Complete the Entrance Portfolio with the required documentation.
- Contact the Director of Field Experiences for an interview date and time.
- Complete documentation for a pre-service certificate.
- SOE submits documents for the pre-service certificate.
- The GaPSC verifies all documents; any missing documents cause the case to be placed on hold.
- Georgia Crime Information Center criminal record check is conducted.
- If candidate responded NO to all Personal Affirmation questions on application and the criminal record check does not contradict those answers, the Pre-Service Certificate is issued through the candidate’s MyPSC account.
- If candidate responded YES to any personal Affirmation questions, or the answers are not consistent with the report generated the GaPSC, an ethics investigation is conducted. The Commission reviews the results and issues one of the following decisions:
- Candidate is cleared and a Pre-Service Certificate is issued.
- Candidate is given a warning and Pre-Service Certificate is issued.
- Candidate is given a reprimand and the Pre-Service Certificate is issued.
- Candidate is denied the Pre-Service Certificate.
- Candidate is admitted or denied admission to the SOE certification program.
If a candidate is denied a Pre-Service Certificate by GaPSC, the candidate will not be admitted to a SOE certification program.
The following requirements must be met to graduate from an Emmanuel University School of Education certification program:
- completion of all basic requirements for graduation from Emmanuel University
- completion of all course requirements in the chosen School of Education program with a cumulative grade point average of 2.75 or higher.
- completion of the required GACE content tests designated by each individual program
- pass the Georgia Educator Ethics Assessment
The following Induction Certificate requirements must be met to teach in the State of Georgia:
- completion of all graduation requirements
- completion of certification application
- passing score on GACE Assessments required for program
- passing score on the Georgia Educator Ethics Assessment
- receive a grade of B or higher in ED 403, Introduction to Exceptional Children (after July 1, 2019)
According to the Georgia Professional Standards Commission (GaPSC), program completers must be recommended for certification within five years of completing an approved program. Completers seeking a recommendation for certification more than five years after completing a program will be required to meet requirements specified by the program provider to assure up-to-date knowledge in the field of certification sought.
The Emmanuel University School of Education will examine each individual requesting certification and determine the best course of study to meet this requirement. The course of study could include, but not be limited to, specific courses, practicums, and internships.
- Completed at least 30 hours of coursework
- Hold a cumulative grade point average of 2.0 or higher
- Obtain an acceptable background check from castlebranch.com
- Submit a recommendation from an Emmanuel University faculty member
- Submit a character reference.
The following requirements must be met to graduate from an Emmanuel University School of Education non-certification program:
- completion of all basic requirements for graduation from Emmanuel University including the liberal arts core requirements
- completion of requirements for the Child Studies Program or the Sport and Fitness Non-Certification Program
- maintain a minimum grade point average of 2.0 or higher and perform satisfactorily on an exit examination.